Membership & Marketing Coordinator
You and the Role
You are our first point of contact for the public and our business members. You have a knack for keeping all things organized and paying special attention to details. Customer service is something you embody and are always the first to want to help anyone who contacts us. You are a passionate brand ambassador and embrace the culture of Old Strathcona.
- You take pride in delivering on our brand promise, knowing that every time the phone rings or someone drops by the office, you get to make a great first impression for the organization and our community.
- As the first point of contact, you are the face of the organization and always willing to help anyone who contacts us.
- You are the go-to person when it comes to questions from the public and members. If you don’t have the answer, you know how to find it.
Member relations and event coordination
- Working with the Marketing Manager, you coordinate member relations programs and events to ensure our members feel supported and engaged.
- You take the lead in organizing all member and marketing-related events such as our AGMs, business workshops and holiday light-up event.
- You know the value in having an up-to-date membership database and take pride in managing it so we can stay engaged with our members.
- Update all contact information for various purposes including the website directory, business tax levy, and newsletter.
- Coordinate and prepare large volume mail-outs to the membership.
- Developing and creating new and innovative ways to engage our membership is something you get excited about.
- Responding to inquiries or complaints from the public, members, or other organizations are responsibilities you take pride in doing well.
- You assist and support marketing and communications initiatives led by our marketing manager, and coordinate events led by the business association.
- You are no stranger to digital marketing and know how to create engagement online through various online networks.
- As the content manager of our website, you have experience with various content management systems and are confident with website management.
- You know the systems and processes used throughout the organization, so you can assist and support other marketing activities and projects.
- You are confident with a variety of marketing and communications strategies and tactics and can step in to coordinate these when our marketing manager is away.
- You manage and document all important dates, so we don’t miss vital deadlines.
- You stay on top of having enough office supplies and equipment that the team needs.
- You understand the value of working as a team and are always willing to step up to help.
- You are the go-to person for maintenance and operations of office equipment, and arrange for servicing as required (photocopier, postage meter, computers, telephones).
- You assist in hosting member meetings with the board, committees, and guests.
- You hold a degree in Marketing or Communications or equivalent combination of diploma with a background in Marketing or Communications and 1-3 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in computer software such as: Microsoft office 365, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Publisher, project management software and CRMs. Experience with Adobe Creative suite is an asset.
- You have no problem quickly learning new online applications and systems.
- Experience in online marketing including website, blogs and social media engagement.
- Your writing and communication skills are top-notch.
- Working in a self-directed manner is something you are comfortable and able to do.
- Strong customer service, organization skills, ability to multitask effectively and creatively.
- You thrive in a changing environment working within a small team.
- You are familiar with Old Strathcona and small business in Edmonton.
About the Old Strathcona Business Association
We strive to enhance, to promote and to protect the businesses of the Old Strathcona community. We achieve this by supporting projects and campaigns that maximize Old Strathcona’s aesthetic appeal and by working with everyone concerned to ensure the well-being of our members, their staff, their customers and their clients.
The Business Association works in partnership with the City of Edmonton and business stakeholders to promote and enhance Old Strathcona, resulting in an engaged and collaborative business community with a focus on long term sustainability. With nearly 700 members, located from 99 Street to 109 Street and 83 Avenue to approximately 76 Avenue, there is an experience for all five of your senses in Old Strathcona.
Pay/Hours: Salaried, full time (37.5 hrs a week), flexibility for some evening and weekend work.
Location: Old Strathcona Business Association office. 402, 10314 - 82 Ave, Edmonton, AB T6E 1Z8
To apply: Email your resume with cover letter by June 22, 2019 to Cherie Klassen, Executive Director at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Posted Date: 6/11/2019
Type: Full Time