OSBA Street Ambassador Team
HOT SUMMER JOB - Join the Old Strathcona Ambassador Team!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is covered in part by the STEP program, therefore all applicants considered will need to be returning to full-time post-secondary studies in the fall. Please include a cover letter that includes your faculty of study and your expected year of graduation.
We will only be considering applications from students who will be returning to full-time studies in the fall. We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Looking for a cool summer gig, with lots of fresh air and time out in the sun? The Old Strathcona Business Association (OSBA) is looking for 2-3 Ambassadors to work with us in touching base with our members, updating our contact lists, taking part in community events and helping us out with our marketing and events over the summer.
We're looking for enthusiastic team players, who can roll up their sleeves and get the job done. If you're a problem-solver who can roll with the punches, who lives and breathes Old Strathcona and Whyte Ave - we want you! We can promise lots of variety, sunshine, laughs and a supportive work environment. This job is for applicants who can think on their feet, because there's never a dull moment in our neighbourhood! One day you might find yourself participating in a Pride Festival float, and the next you may be chatting with shirtless rollerblading guy. Most of all, you'll be getting to know our amazing businesses in the area.
- Distribution of information packs to member businesses
- Update of business listings and database management
- Support for marketing staff at events
- If you're great with a camera, we'd love to have you help us out with some of our social media needs
- Representation of the OSBA at community events
- Business engagement and customer service
- Weekly reports on how things are going, and what you're hearing from our businesses
- Possible pop-up tourism events to engage the public (think hanging out at the Farmers' Market with treats and conducting surveys with the public on their experience in our area)
- Keep a sharp eye out for graffiti and cleanliness in our neighbourhood and become a 311 app reporting pro
- Get ready to walk! You'll be covering our business district (which is a large one) in all kinds of weather.
- Training or experience with social media, market research, business studies are assets.
- We're looking for leaders who aren't afraid of taking charge of their responsibilities!
- You will be spending the majority of your time interacting with our business owners - no shrinking violets here
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Effective time management skills
- An understanding of small business, Old Strathcona and Whyte Ave are key assets
Hours of work and pay
- 30 hours per week
- Some evenings and weekends required
Intrigued? Reach out to us with a resume and cover letter including your faculty of study and your expected year of graduation by April 22, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a position covered by the STEP program, therefore all applicants considered will need to be returning to full-time post-secondary studies in the fall. We will only be considering applications from students who will be returning to full-time studies in the fall. We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Posted Date: 4/4/2019