Gillian Thomson, The Noteworthy
The Noteworthy introduces you to interesting Edmontonians, the places they go and the things they love. It's a collection of fascinating people and highly recommended places to eat, drink, shop and play in Edmonton.
Gillian has an interesting story herself (read about it here). She has her hands in many honey pots lending her creative mind to a mix of writing, graphic design, and marketing projects.Visit their Web Site
Shop Spotlight: Nu2You Boutique
Thursday July 16 , 2015
Nu2You is a consignment boutique celebrating its first year of shopping in Old Strathcona. Gerry and Debbie, the husband and wife owners, dreamed the boutique to life with over 2 years of research and planning. Debbie has been shopping consignment for 30 years and has a scary obsession with shopping. They decided to turn that passion into a business and opened Nu2You Fashion Boutique just south of Whyte Avenue last July.
In preparation for their opening, Debbie took on a part time job to learn the ins and outs of a consignment shop and they visited other boutiques around the country to see what they liked best. Keeping with the theme of second-hand shopping, they collected all the clothing racks, display cabinets and store fixtures that you see in the boutique. Filling those racks are high-end designer pieces (think Prada, Kate Spade, Burberry) in pristine condition for a third of the price. Every garment is hand selected by Debbie from the constant flow of great customers with expensive taste, then steamed and deodorized before going on sale. Having a great shopping experience and finding the best new-to-you clothing is their #1 priority.
Nu2You offers private shopping parties too! After hours, bring a group of 10 ladies, and you can work out a deal with Nu2You to receive 10% off for everyone or a percentage of sales as the host. Ladies bring in food and wine and shop til they drop with the entire store (and Debbie) to themselves.
If you're new to consignment, here's how to turn your closet into cash:
1. Make an appointment and bring in items you'd like to sell.
2. Nu2You will go through your clothing with you to decide what items will work well in the store. They will price it for you based on condition, brand, etc.
3. 60% of the sale price goes towards Nu2You, and 40% goes to you.
4. The clothing will be on the floor for up to 90 days. If it hasn't sold in 90 days, they can donate it to Wings of Providence, or you can come pick it up to take back.
5. Once an item sells, you can come back anytime for cash or a cheque. If you choose to collect your earnings in the form of a Nu2You store credit, they'll give you 50% instead of 40% of the sale price.
Celebrating One Year of Fabulous at Nu2You Boutique
What: Nu2You is having a birthday party! Expect big sale prices, swag bags, door prizes including a $200 gift card, and snacks to purchase in support of Wings of Providence.
When: August 8 (all day)
Where: Nu2You Boutique - 7510 Gateway Boulevard
- Ice Carving Magic comes alive in Old Strathcona!
- When Snow Flies We Must DIY!
- It's Halloween in Old Strathcona!
- That's a Wrap!: Edmonton Fringe Festival 2017
- Busking On Whyte Ave
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas