Why is Edmonton different? There are theories. Maybe it’s their northern home, where for years they have learned to make their own fun. Perhaps it’s their legacy of entrepreneurs dreaming up oddities like the continent’s first, biggest and wildest Fringe theatre festival. Some of the most iconic and adventurous restaurants in Canada launched there, and new ones are opening every month. Edmonton is home to several custom designers which puts visitors in one-of-a-kind looks! Edmontonians have always been keen to try, and build, something new.
Edmonton is a big city with small town values; a vibrant urban centre in the heart of wilderness. Edmonton has the most parkland per capita of any Canadian city, with a river valley system that's 22 times the size of New York City's Central Park! So pack your hiking shoes to trek through the river valley trails, pack your shopping shoes to trek through the local boutiques, farmers markets and cafés, and most importantly pack your sense of adventure.
Start planning your trip at exploreedmonton.comVisit their Web Site
Guide to FIFA Women's World Cup 2015
Tuesday June 02 , 2015
This summer, Canada will host the best female soccer players during the world’s largest women’s sporting competition – the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™. From June 6 – July 4, Edmonton will host 11 matches at Commonwealth Stadium.
Check out the Explore Edmonton blog for the FAQ about FIFA in Edmonton!
In addition to the games, there are plenty of cool events and food items all month that celebrate the beautiful game in Edmonton.
You can sign best wishes to Team Canada during the Big Jersey Tour, enjoy the beautiful game outside on a huge outdoor screen at Centennial Plaza, experience soccer movies and eatsat Night Market Edmonton, join the Team Canada Fan March and so much more.
On June 6, the Pint on Whyte invites you to celebrate the beautiful game with the Voyageurs, Canada's national soccer support group, as The Pint serves as Canada Home Base. Party kicks off at 10:00am, don’t forget to wear Red! While you’re there be sure to try out the Team Canada Poutine Dog and Caesar!
Fuel up between the games! All this soccer will make you hungry, so you need to try:
- Red Square Vodka House will be serving three signature cocktails: the Canadian Red Header, the Red Corner Kick, and the Heartbreaker.
- The Pint on Whyte and Downtown is serving a Team Canada Poutine Dog. It's an oversized all beef hot dog, topped with Pint fries, cheese curds, beef gravy, maple infused bacon bits and crumbled ketchup chips. Wash it down with aTeam Canada Caesar–a traditional Caesar featuring peppered bacon, maple pancakes (yes, they are in the Caesar), and a dash of maple syrup and pints of red Budweiser draft during events.
- Fat Franks on Whyte Avenue is serving the Mondo Soccer Dog complete with guacamole, chopped tomatoes and grilled onions.
Check out the Explore Edmonton blog for even more events and dining specials throughout the City.
- WILD RUMPUS ON WHYTE Shop Hop
- Find Your Festival in Old Strathcona!
- The Whyte Avenue Art Walk Introduces NEW Location for 2019
- Pride Events in Old Strathcona
- HOT SUMMER JOB ALERT- OSBA Ambassadors needed!
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas