Karen Lee, Green Spectacle Creations
Green Window City is a community art show consisting of temporary art installations in shop windows made exclusively with reclaimed or "green" materials. GWC is a non-profit initiative with the goal of inspiring citizens to "rethink junk" by connecting local businesses and artists together to create beautiful art with things most people would discard.
The first GWC event took place at various Whyte Ave businesses in April 2014 to Celebrate Earth Day in Edmonton, AB. This year's event is being coordinated by returning GWC artist, Karen Lee, of Green Spectacle CreationsVisit their Web Site
Green Window City x YegPride
Thursday May 28 , 2015
8 FUN FACTS ABOUT GREEN WINDOW CITY X YEGPRIDE
This year's Green Window City event takes place from Sunday May 31 to Sun June 14, 2015. To celebrate the Pride Parade being on Whyte Ave this year, local artists are collaborating with participating local business owners to create Pride-themed art installations in the store windows out of reclaimed/recycled materials.
Here are some fun facts about Green Window City x YegPride:
- Green Window City is back for a second time on Whyte Ave, bigger than before!
- We have 18 enthusiastic businesses taking part this year.
BeYOUtilful You Fit
Blush Lane Organic Market
The Briefing Room
The Hexagon Board Game Cafe
Mars & Venus
The Paint Spot
Sanctuary Curio Shoppe
The Silk Road Spice Merchant
Ten Thousand Villages
- 75% of the businesses are new GWC participants!
- 75% of the artists are new GWC participants!
- There was no formal process for selecting artists. Anyone who wanted to participate as an artist was given a chance.
- Green Window City will inspire Edmontonians to rethink their junk! Artists are using things like discarded wooden pallets, string, cardboard, plastic mesh, plastic bags, photographs, and playing cards to create eye-catching art installations.
- Whether it rains or not, there will be at least one rainbow!
- GWC art installations are made of 90% recycled/reclaimed materials and 10% love.
For news and updates, check us out on Facebook.com/greenwindowcity and Twitter.com/greenwindowcity
To show your love for participating Green Window City artists and businesses on social media, please use hashtags #rethinkjunk #yeg
- WILD RUMPUS ON WHYTE Shop Hop
- Find Your Festival in Old Strathcona!
- The Whyte Avenue Art Walk Introduces NEW Location for 2019
- Pride Events in Old Strathcona
- HOT SUMMER JOB ALERT- OSBA Ambassadors needed!
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas