Vickie Laliotis, Adventures in Fashion
Vickie Laliotis writes Adventures in Fashion, a personal style and DIY blog established in 2009. It chronicles her love of fashion through daily outfit posts, editorials, theme weeks and DIY projects, with a focus on inspiring readers to have their own fashion adventures. Featured in Teen Vogue, Flare Magazine, FASHION Magazine and many more, Adventures in Fashion is one of Edmonton's first style blogs and has been named as one of Alberta's top 10 fashion blogs by FASHION Magazine.
When she's not blogging, Vickie works as a freelance fashion writer and Social Seen columnist at the Edmonton Journal, and holds a regular spot on Fresh FM's Fashion Fridays segment.Visit their Web Site
Valentine's with the BFF (and a CONTEST!)
Sunday February 08 , 2015
Spending some quality time with your girlfriends this Valentine's Day? There's no shortage of fun things to do with your lady loves around Whyte Avenue, so grab your besties and your fully-charged phone (hey, you're going to want to Instagram this), and let's go!
1. Fuel up // Any epic day spent with girlfriends requires coffee and a sweet treat (just me?), so kicking off your friend date at a cafe is always a good idea. Take this time to gab, formulate your game plan for the day and, most importantly, caffeinate. Personal favourites include Da Capo (8135 102 St.) and Block 1912 (10361 Whyte Ave.) for killer coffee and mouth-watering sweets, respectively.
2. Pamper time // Is there anything better than getting your nails did or treating yourself to a pedicure with your girlfriends? Along with shopping, I think this is the single best way to bond with your besties. So head on down to your favourite spa or nail salon — like Kool Nails (10107 Whyte Ave.), for example — and treat yo' selves!
3. Shop around // Your nails are done and you're feeling fine, so at this point I figure a little shopping is in order. With your girls in tow, now is the time to hit up your favourite Whyte Avenue haunts for a little retail therapy. My personal favourites? Gravity Pope (10442 Whyte Ave.), Oak + Fort (10416 Whyte Ave.) and Workhall (10552 Whyte Ave.), hands down.
4. Grab a bite // As fun as it is, there's nothing more tiring than an afternoon of shopping, and since your morning sugar rush is now long behind you, it's probably time to get some food with your friends. You can admire your freshly polished digits and review your purchases while feasting at your favourite spot — personally this is my favourite part of the day. Plus this is the perfect opportunity for girl talk, which is pretty much mandatory during a Valentine's friend date. Try El Cortez (8230 Gateway Blvd.) for an amazing meal with even more amazing people watching.
5. Catch a flick // Phew, you guys have had quite the day! My favourite way to wind down and relax (and after all the food at El Cortez,digest), is a movie, and The Princess Theatre (10337 Whyte Ave.) is a true gem. Their film selections are always amazing, and the theatre itself is beyond cute — it's the perfect way to end a perfect day. xx
Illustration via Izak Zenzou
Enter to WIN! This Valentine's Day, we're sending you and your BFF out for dinner and shopping, valued at $300. Comment below with your favourite lady date in Old Strathcona and you're entered to win! Contest closes February 13, 2015 at 3pm.
- #ShopLocalGiveBack - Grindstone Theatre
- #ShopLocalGiveBack - Athlete's Choice Massage
- #ShopLocalGiveBack - Doan's Vietnamese Restaurant
- #ShopLocalGiveBack - Ohana Donuterie
- #ShopLocalGiveBack - The Paint Spot
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas