Gillian Thomson, City and Dale
Gillian is a graphic designer by day and a writer by night. She shares her Edmonton discoveries and favourite things on City and Dale. City and Dale delivers the best in fun, fashion, food, culture and wellness. Founded in 2009 by Kendall Barber, City and Dale started as a website devoted to delighting in the fine city of Edmonton.
While Gillian is often described as clever, funny and creative; she’s just downright interesting. She’s got a degree in chemistry; is a certified hair stylist; and is a graphic designer in the exciting world of advertising. Follow Gillian on Twitter or send her an email.Visit their Web Site
5 SENSES IN OLD STRATHCONA :: SMELL
Tuesday July 22 , 2014
Our series in partnership with Old Strathcona Business Association continues today with the sweet smells of Old Strathcona. As their website says, "Old Strathcona has everything you need with experiences for all five of your senses." If you missed it, read about all the things to hear, feel and see.
It's kind of strange to think, "what does Old Strathcona smell like?" but there are some pretty memorable aromas wafting from store fronts and parks in the area.
- Cally's Teas is a treat for your nose. Stop in and see what teas from around the world smell like before deciding on one to sip while eating Cally's handmade goodies. We previously went into detail about why Cally's Tea is a great place to visit.
- Among many pleasing smells at the Old Strathcona Farmers' Market is one of our favourites: all of the herbs and bedding plants to take home for your garden. There is no shortage of great smelling ingredients for tasty meals at the market!
- Another place we've previously featured on City and Dale is Wild Prairie Soap Company. When you walk by the store, even if the door is closed, you can smell all the wonderful mixtures of soaps they're handcrafting in the back. Mmmm!
- Every festival in the parks of Old Strathcona have something in common: they can all draw you in with the powerful smell of mini donuts. Even if you have serious regrets half way through the bag of too-hot-to-touch sugar coated rings, they are still so irresistible.
- Vue Weekly Best of Edmonton Results!
- Ice Carving Magic comes alive in Old Strathcona!
- When Snow Flies We Must DIY!
- It's Halloween in Old Strathcona!
- That's a Wrap!: Edmonton Fringe Festival 2017
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas