Janis Galloway, Dress Me Dearly
Janis' focus is all about community - and readers have come to love Dress Me Dearly for its local content, which casts a spotlight on Alberta's fashion scene.
In between blog posts, Janis can be found as Fashion Correspondent for Shaw TV's Press 2 Play, Alberta Researcher for FLARE Magazine and as a Blogging and Marketing Instructor at Metro Continuing Education.
In 2010, Dress Me Dearly was named one of the Top 15 Canadian Fashion Blogs by Fashionism.ca and in 2012 recognized by FASHION Magazine as one of the top 10 Alberta fashion blogs.Visit their Web Site
Dress Me Dearly’s Valentine’s Day Gift Guide & Valentine's CONTEST!
Wednesday February 05 , 2014
- Collaborate with the gifted team at Laurel’s On Whyte to design a fragrant, custom bouquet for your valentine. There arrangements are always unique and elegantly crafted.
- For the man in your life, purchase a subscription to the The Briefing Room’s Underwear Club! He’ll receive a freshly picked pair of undies once a month.
- Kimder Handbags are a beautiful gift for the fashionista you adore. Each bag is made of Italian shrunken lambskin and hand studded with metallic hardware by the Edmonton-based designer. Available at Bamboo Ballroom and online.
- Choklat uses the freshest ingredients to create handmade, decadent truffles dipped in coatings of your choice from coconut, nuts or even Pop Rocks – a surefire way to your lover’s heart.
- Bold Salon & Spa has incredible spa packages to pamper your valentine. Better yet, reconnect during a relaxing day together with its romantic Couples Package.
- Love Solid Perfume by Lush Cosmetics is for the flirtatious. The scent is fun and fruity with notes of apple, cinnamon, lemongrass and jasmine. A sweet little gift for the apple of your eye.
We're giving away a $300 prize package that includes a $50 Gift Card to each of these six businesses! For your chance to win, comment below with the name of the Old Strathcona business that is your go-to store for Valentine's Day gifts this year.
*One entry per person. Must comment with a current Old Strathcona business. Draw will be made February 13, 2014 from all comments at 3pm. THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!! SINCERELY, WE APPRECIATE ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS AND YOU SHARING WITH US! WE LOVE IT.. AND WE LOVE YOU! Congratulations to Laurie Hauer, who was randomly picked as the winner! <3
- Ice Carving Magic comes alive in Old Strathcona!
- When Snow Flies We Must DIY!
- It's Halloween in Old Strathcona!
- That's a Wrap!: Edmonton Fringe Festival 2017
- Busking On Whyte Ave
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas