Gillian Thomson, City and Dale
Gillian is a graphic designer by day and a writer by night. She shares her Edmonton discoveries and favourite things on City and Dale. City and Dale delivers the best in fun, fashion, food, culture and wellness. Founded in 2009 by Kendall Barber, City and Dale started as a website devoted to delighting in the fine city of Edmonton.
While Gillian is often described as clever, funny and creative; she’s just downright interesting. She’s got a degree in chemistry; is a certified hair stylist; and is a graphic designer in the exciting world of advertising. Follow Gillian on Twitter or send her an email.Visit their Web Site
City and Dale Highlights a New Way to Explore Old Strathcona
Thursday December 12 , 2013
How festive! Old Strathcona will be treating shoppers to a horse drawn sleigh ride on Saturdays leading up to Christmas! Though they aren't reindeer, you'll feel a bit like Santa when you're checking off your list in your sleigh.
The sleigh rides will have multiple stops along the route, so you'll be able to hit all the shops you need. Adults pay $2 and children pay $1, with proceeds going towards Parkinsons Alberta.
Enjoy free parking on weekends (until Christmas) at South Scona Lot - across from The Keg on 105 Street!
If that isn't lovely enough, you can also enter to win a $1000 shopping spree! You can enter daily via the Old Strathcona facebook page until December 19th.
Here are a few of our favourite Old Strathcona shops we've featured on City and Dale:
- Vivid Print (10342 Whyte Avenue) - for those Edmonton and design lovers
- The Briefing Room (10151 Whyte Avenue) and Barber Ha (10011 Whyte Avenue) - for all the men on your list
- Wild Prairie Soap Co. (10746 Whyte Avenue) - for natural beauty lovers
- Old Strathcona Antique Mall (10323-78 Ave) - something for everyone here
- Ice Carving Magic comes alive in Old Strathcona!
- When Snow Flies We Must DIY!
- It's Halloween in Old Strathcona!
- That's a Wrap!: Edmonton Fringe Festival 2017
- Busking On Whyte Ave
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas