Ice Carving Magic comes alive in Old Strathcona!
Friday January 26 , 2018
Experience amazing music, theatre, art, food, beverages and special activities throughout Old Strathcona during Ice on Whyte. There's so much to see and do while at the Festival, we have highlighted a few of the exciting events and activities to take in this year.
- International Ice Carving CompetitionThe 2018 International Ice Carving Competition opens to the public on Thursday, January 25 at 2 pm. The 2018 International Ice Carving Competition will take place in a giant tent which will mitigate very warm or very cold temperatures and the ice sculptures will remain in pristine condition for the duration of the Festival. https://www.iceonwhyte.ca/festival/international-ice-carving-competition/
2. Create your own piece of ice carving art and take a lesson in the L’il and Big Chipper ice carving class. L'l Chippers are for ages 6-14 years of age and the Big Chippers is for 15 years of age and older. All of the ice carving lessons take place in an inflatable igloo located on the Festival site. https://www.iceonwhyte.ca/festival/lil-big-chippers/
3. Ice Bar - no winter festival would be complete without one! Sip on daily featured craft beer & spirits in a climate-controlled ice bar. Beverages are locally crafted by Situation Brewing, Rig Hand Craft Distillery, Strathcona Spirits and Hansen Distillery. https://www.iceonwhyte.ca/festival/ice-bar/
4. Painting Party at Artelier Studio Presented by the Paint Spot. Get creative in a step-by-step, 2-hour class in acrylics with artists, Denise Lefebvre. No experience is necessary and all of your art supplies are included. https://www.iceonwhyte.ca/festival/paint-nights/
5. Ice on Whyte's 4th Annual Stew Off - Sunday, February 4 from noon - 3pm at El Cortez. Local restaurants and chefs create delicious stews with local ingredients. Vote for your favourite Whiskey Stew. https://www.iceonwhyte.ca/festival/whiskey-stew-off/
6. Live Music at Boardwalk Ice on Whyte with Blues on Whyte - Trade your winter boots for dancing shoes at Old Strathcona’s premier for live music. Live music is happening every night of the Festival! https://www.iceonwhyte.ca/festival/live-music/
New this year, participating businesses in Old Strathcona are offering great deals on dinning, entertainm,ent, and activities during the Festival. Complete your Old Strathcona Experience, visit: https://goasagroup.com/collections/iceonwhyte
This winter festival runs from January 25 to 28 & February 1 to 4, 2018
- Thursdays & Fridays – 2 pm to 10 pm
- Saturday & Sunday – 10 am to 10 pm
- Adults $7
- Child $4 (2 to 13 years old)
- Under 2 free
Tickets are available online or at the gate. For more information please visit https://www.iceonwhyte.ca.
- Ice Carving Magic comes alive in Old Strathcona!
- When Snow Flies We Must DIY!
- It's Halloween in Old Strathcona!
- That's a Wrap!: Edmonton Fringe Festival 2017
- Busking On Whyte Ave
- Sips & Savours
- Whyte Christmas